Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Congratulations UConn!!!

I don't follow basketball.  I was a cheerleader in high school but I have not watched a single basketball game since our season ended in senior year - and that includes both professional and college ball.  This year I had a slight personal interest, coupled with the thought of sweet revenge.

I was stood up.


The plan was to meet at a local sports bar for a few drinks and watch the Syracuse vs. UConn game on the big screen.  My date was a huge Syracuse fan, so chances are it would've been a bad time anyway, and I would have been left to entertain myself, but I digress, I have the ability to turn lemons into lemonade if there is some kind of sweetener present, which there wasn't.  And, don't worry - my date didn't sacrifice and miss the game just to bow out of a date with me...he stood me up right to my fucking face.  Way to take the high road.

Since the game was to start at 7pm, we decided to meet at 6:30 to order drinks and talk a little.  I showed up promptly on time and spotted the guy as I walked in.  We locked eyes, I smiled, he shook his head and turned away.  Ouch.  Now, for a split second I thought "maybe that's not him."  So, I stood off to the side and sent a quick text telling him that I had arrived.  He replied back immediately saying that he was on his way.  Hmmm...

I walked over to the only spot available at the bar, which was unfortunately right next to the guy who I thought was my date.  Pointing to the chair, I asked if that seat was taken.  Flustered, he mumbled something that sounded like no, and proceeded to collect his jacket and drink, repositioning himself to the end of the bar - far away from me.  LOL!  It's funny because I didn't feel hurt or bad at any time during this entire encounter...in fact, I decided to fuck with him.  I sat myself down, took off my coat, pulled my shirt down just a little to reveal some cleavage, ordered a Guinness pint and started flirting heavily with the guy sitting to the right of me.  My new friend relayed the whole story to the bar tender, who immediately took out a couple of remotes and placed them on the bar top, in front of my flirting buddy.  "I'm sure you're a good channel surfer.  You should play with these come game time."  She followed up that comment with a little wink in my direction.  Awesome.

"Tonight will be fun" said my new friend.  I could hardly suppress the evil laugh deep from my insides as I rubbed my hands together and raised an eyebrow.

I finished my beer, paid my $5.00 tab including tip, got my coat back on and walked out the door with my head held high, all before the game started.  I did send a little text back saying, "You're an asshole.  You look horrible in orange, and GO UCONN!"

So imagine my delight when later that night I found out that in UConn won against Syracuse in overtime, 76-71!  I hope that bastard had money on the game!  I really hope that my new channel-changer friend accepted his new mission with gusto and blocked out several key portions of the game.  I'll never know.  Check out the other *winning* stats from the game...LOL. 


*The loss snaps a six-game winning streak for Syracuse.
*The loss snaps a four-game winning streak for Syracuse vs UConn in the Big East Tournament.
*Syracuse missed 5 of 6 field-goal attempts and went 1-for-4 at the free-throw line in overtime.
*Syracuse's 45 percent (5-11) free-throw shooting was its worst of the year.

And then, UConn went on to WIN IT ALL!  I'm as happy as a clam, even though I could care less.  :)  Karma, you done good.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, how cold can a guy be! I've heard of being stood up, but not to one's face--incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and it's not like he didn't know what I looked like! I mean, I understand not being a match for someone - I go on dates with those folks all.the.time - but shell out the $5 for a drink and just say that to me! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that is beyond lame on his part! VERY bad karma!

    ReplyDelete