Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Monday, May 23, 2011

G-O-O-G-L-E

"Research me, you'll find me...click those keys and google me."

I've been googled!  I must say, it is very unsettling to go out on a date with someone and have them bring up things you know you haven't shared with them because they googled your name, or found your profile on Facebook. 

Now, don't get me wrong - I've googled many a first date.  But, I don't get all stalker'ish and bring up any of my findings or pretend that I know them as well as I know my best friend because I saw some college pictures of them in a random newspaper story on-line!  What made it even creepier is that this particular person found another blog I write, went through the entire thing (I started it in 2007) and gave me a handwritten page of grammatical, spelling and punctuation corrections that he said he "noticed."  I've never felt the need to bounce out of a bar so quickly -- and I might actually have to give up that bar now because he revealed that he frequents the place often and has actually seen me on dates. 

That sucks.

I wonder what kind of upbringing someone experienced to be such a weirdo?  Although I didn't ask...I'd put money on the fact that this guy probably lives in his mother's basement and kills cats. 

2 comments:

  1. NOOOO!! Creepy! Bat shit crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awgh. That's creepy. That's doesn't just sound like normal who-might-this-person-be googling, but goes way beyond to the stalker range.

    I hate it when people google me before the first date. I just feel that it spoils some of the fun.

    Couple of the sites I use send me automatic notifications when people google me. (Even tells me their search keywords and their location.) So it's pretty easy to tell when someone is doing it.

    Now I try to be anonymous enough so they can't google me before the first date.

    I've only once googled a girl before the first date and I regretted it. I felt stupid sitting there asking questions and listening to answers that I already knew.

    ReplyDelete