Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Being stood up, revisited

Since things aren't working out with the Cub, and the Forehead Kisser got offered a job in Atlanta and will be packing up and leaving town in as little as two weeks, I decided that Memorial Day weekend would be FILLED with many first dates...and so it was.  But I digress, because there is one incident that I couldn't wait to blog about.

I got a message that literally made my blood start to boil.  Remember this guy?  The asshole that stood me up to my face?  He came out of the woodwork this weekend. 

Him: What's new with you?

(Pause, pause, pause. Here is the internal struggle with answering this email.  Men are idiots.  Did this guy accidentally contact me because he didn't recognize my new picture, or because he's offering an olive branch, or because him standing me up didn't even make a blip on his radar?  Hmmmm...)


Me: Are you kidding me?

You stood me up...to my face when we had plans to meet  for the Syracuse vs. UConn game. Remember? You were sitting at the bar, wearing an Orange sweater, I walked in with a black coat on, you have me a look of disgust, shook your head and turned your back.

I don't know what's worse, the fact that you're less of a man, and cheap to boot, and couldn't buy me a $5 beer (which I bought for myself because I wasn't going to walk into a bar and walk back out), or that you texted me saying you were on your way AFTER you rejected me making me believe that I was some kind of
blind, dumb idiot. And please don't try to say it wasn't you...not only were you easy to pick out of a crowd, but I heard someone call you by your name.

That's some kind of game you have there. Honestly, if you didn't find me physically attractive, you should've just sucked it up, bought me a beer and said that you didn't feel we were a match. It happens, and its a lot easier to swallow than what you pulled, which really hurt my feelings.

Him: I honestly didn't go to the bar that night....I would tell you if I did....I had several bad dates off here and figured when we were going to meet it was going to be another one....but that really wasn't me...I'm sorry for standing you up... 

Me: I wish I was born yesterday, so I believed you.  Regardless, you wasted my time and made me feel worthless. Just for the record, I'm not a bad date. I'm fun, sometimes silly and an excellent conversationalist. I
could have a good time with a rock. But that's ok...after I finished the beer I bought for myself, I went home, put on the sexist dress in my closet - the one that shows off my cleavage - and headed out to the fundraiser that I was going to skip to go out with you. It ended up being a good night. 

Him: lol....your attitude is priceless....look you seemed like a cool chick...I'm sorry I stood you up...we are both still on here so maybe we should try again? how about I make it up to you and take you for a ride on my Harley today?

Me: Thank you, but no thanks.  You have yourself a good holiday weekend.

Him: I won't stand you up.....are you afraid to ride on the Harley? Please?  I'd really like to meet you.

Him: Just give me a second chance.  

(Repeat 4 more times with the same kind of plea.)


I think that someone's bad karma is catching up with them and that makes me giddy with happiness.  (Which is probably bad karma for me.)  I would love to know WHY he contacted me again and why he thought I would jump at the chance to put my life in the hands of a stranger. 

4 comments:

  1. I bet his begging felt soooo sweet. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd think it would've...but it was more sad than anything. Sad that he felt he could treat me with such disrespect, then come back 2 months later like nothing ever happened. I'm sure that if I didn't call him on it, he wouldn't have apologized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how odd! Any chance it really wasn't him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way. He had a very distinctive look with strong features. It was him. He's just a lying sack of shit.

    ReplyDelete