Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Fuck it. No, seriously...fuck it.

I was going to keep adding updates to my last post, but thought it would be a futile effort when all is said and done. 

This morning, out of sheer curiosity, I checked Mr. Married Facebook Guy's page.  The thumbnail and suggestion was gone from my phone.  I searched his name, and the page had disappeared.  There are two troubling scenarios...I was blocked, or he set his entire profile to private...and that of his wife's as well.  Either way, it wasn't good because it meant that POF guy and Mr. Married Facebook Guy were the same person.  The coincidence was now just too great and the scales are tipped with sufficient proof. 

"Funny.  XXX has disappeared from facebook, as has his wife, XXX."

"XXX is my cousin.  I'm staying with him since I came here.  He flipped the fuck out on me.  I'm sorry but I can't have him kicking me out so I told him." 

Can we talk about this for a second?  JUST YESTERDAY POF Guy told me that he had *no idea* who this person on facebook was.  He said he had never met him or even heard of him.  Turns out, he lied to me, but the lie is greater and more grand because there's a level of sceeming and lying that I am just not used to. 

The story he came up with, is that his cousin is Mr. Married Facebook Guy and he is staying with him and his wife.  He told his cousin of the facebook snafu, and he supposedly flipped out (WHY???) upset that I would try to contact him or (more importantly) his wife.  I would think that if this was the likely scenario, the cousin would chuckle and tell POF Guy to invite me over so we could all have a fantastic laugh about it.  Ummmm no...the reaction instead was "he seriously went ape shit on me because you were probably going to message him or his wife and then he said he would kill himself."  Yes...KILL. HIMSELF. 

That statement alone pretty much summed up the fact that this guy is the Married Facebook Guy.  (Anyone out there still want to give him the benefit of the doubt?) I told him that I believed that he is married.  I then asked him to please not do that to another girl because it really hurts to get knocked down in that manner - nor is it fair. 

Nothing should surprise me at this point, but this does.  I'm ashamed to admit that I shed a tear (or several) because I was too trusting, too wanting to be emotionally available, too naive to see the initial writing on the wall.  I don't want to turn into one of those hard-assed bitches who has so many walls up that happiness will never been fully realized!  But, I see myself getting to that point, especially with this experience. 

7 comments:

  1. Lying cad bastard.

    These guys (sociopaths, really) think they can get away with any damn thing.

    Sorry Miss Miz. This is precisely why I dislike onlining - way too many cheaters, and no good way to check 'em out.

    * Spoons. Pffft. *

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is a case of being too trusting, because seriously. . . who in the fuck does this????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how Wombat is making fun of the dogs name! LOL. I'm sure the real name is Snoopy, since that's the name of the pup on facebook. Spoons is backup. (Maybe it's a middle name?)

    I'm finding it harder and harder to find an ounce of "normal" in the dating world. I wonder if it's because I've been at this too long, so my standards are higher, or if they've been high all along, but I was too blinded to see?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, how awful, and what a crazy B.S. story he told you! At this point, I think I would block him online, and block him from texting/calling, if there's a way to do that.

    I hear you about the walls. I'm still one of those open/largely trusting people, but the more I date, the more I see why so many women are not. I don't know if it helps, but, for what it's worth, maybe next time try keeping from getting your hopes up until you've met the guy? Even if the guy isn't a lying, scheming bastard, there's always the possibility with the online thing that he has unredeemable halitosis (like one guy from Match I met) or some other dealbreaker that you can't detect without meeting someone. Even then, you never know--he could tell you on date #2 he's a golddigger or on date #6 he wants to dominate you in bed (both of which happened to me), but at least by then you know whether he looks like his photos....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually do a fairly good job of not getting too psyched about these dates because they have all been sooooooo bad. But, it's just hard not to be disappointed!

    I haven't met anyone with unredeemable halitosis yet - but you can bet that I just jinxed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yes, there is just the one dog here.

    And one canine, too. ;-)

    Oh, no, your standards should stay as high as you can reliably hold them, Miss Miz. My theory is to meet as many new people as possible, but forever dismiss them at the slightest hint of something that smells below-standard. No benefits of any doubt. Guilty until triply-proven innocent.

    Yeah, I guess that makes it a numbers game...which works, as long as you have emotional detachment until you really find a prospect. Online guys start with minus points, therefore need SUPER proof of their quality before you even think about liking them.

    It strikes me that if a guy has a good name for his pets, he gets extra points. A dopey name should instantly disqualify him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both Spoons and Snoopy are stupid ass names.

    ReplyDelete