Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Intellectual Inequality

I've been rather quiet the past couple of weeks, but I met someone. Our first date was a meet and greet at a coffee shop in the middle of a Sunday afternoon. Our second date was a couple of days later for sushi and a walk in the park on a particularly sparkling day. Our third date was my suggestion of bowling - which I suggested, followed by several matches of darts - which he suggested because (and I quote) "I just don't want this date to end!"

Neither did I.

He's a kind soul and on paper, a suitable match. And he has 20 inch arms, which for me is as big of a draw as a hairy chest! He is, however, kinda dumb. OK, not even close to kind of. Talking to him makes me feel like I'm speaking to a five year old. I find myself using very basic language and even then I get a quizzical look from him. Can people find happiness with someone who does not have the same intellectual capacity? Or is this just a futile effort on my part?

3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to do it :-( ... but maybe you can?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to do it with a self-professed "redneck" and it was fun for awhile. We had intense chemistry and he had a great body, but there wasn't much there except for the awesome sex.

    Is intelligence important to you? I think I already know the asnwer to that....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I just can't do it. I gave it the whole college try, but it just wasn't working out. He actually said to me 'you use really big words like interesting.' Really?!

    ReplyDelete