Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intellectual Inequality, Part II

Remember when I wrote the post about the guy who was more than a little dumb?  Well, sometimes in life, it works both ways.

I was the victim of my own intellectual inequality last night.

Although I didn't feel dumb and I was able to be a part of the conversation, there were several times when I had to ask the guy "You know what...you're going to have to explain that a little further." 

I did chuckle and poke a little bit of fun at him during one point when I asked him if he had ever broken any bones - after he revealed that he was the youngest of three boys.  He started naming off bones in the wrist and ankle, and I was all "Hey buddy!  I broke a couple of bones also, but I'm just going to name off the body part and let you guess which exact bone it was." 

But, he did seem to find humor and entertainment in my musings even if he did have to make a conscience effort to dumb down his vocabulary for me. 

I also want to note that he was a huge flirt...and flirting really is a language that crosses all boundaries.  He's a subtle winker, and every time he did it, it made me a smile.  Partly because it wasn't creepy, but also because I don't even think he realized he was doing it!  He got to the bar early and texted me to tell me as much - when I was parking, I let him know and when I arrived at the table, he had already ordered my drink.  It will be interesting to see if he contacts me again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment