Girls (and guys)...you know. Dating sucks. There are losers slinking out of every hidden corner, just waiting to buy you a drink before they let their freak flag fly proudly. These are my adventures in both traditional and on-line dating. Pull up a chair, laugh till you pee, and live vicariously through my loser-filled adventures. And please note...this blog is rated R for language and sexual content.

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

High hopes for date night

I have another first date tonight.  I'm trying to remain optomistic, but it really is getting a little...old.  I admit it, I'm jaded.  Completely and utterly jaded.  I'm trying so desperately not to imagine all of the bad things I know I will find in this guy - starting with his tender young age.  (Why I am attracted to guys 10 years my junior when I *know* this will not work out?!  And, why for the love of all things holy, are they attracted to me?!) 

Pro's:
He's tall.
Has a good job.
2 degrees - both in the science field, so he's intelligent.
He spells everything correctly.
He has man hands.
He volunteered in Africa building schools, so he knows how to use those man hands.
He has amazing green eyes.
He made me laugh.
He kept my attention on the phone, and offered up details about his family without hesitation. 
He's a transplant to this area, so that opens a ton of new adventure.
He lives alone.
He complimented me on my own language skills and said I had a sexy voice.
He likes sports.

Con's:
His age.  He's 26.  I'm not. 
His parents died when he was young, and he's an only child.  Not a happy childhood.
He seems a little too excited to meet me.  (This is scary.)
He had two degrees by the time he was 19.
He has three bullet wounds from doing medic work in Afganistan with the military.

The age thing has been acknowledged by both of us.  It's not that big of a deal for me now, but I can see it being one if things work out.  For him, he said that he's always gravitated towards older women because he's experienced so much in life thus far, that he has nothing in common with women his own age.  In speaking with him, he is on the more mature side...but he looks like a baby!

Hmmmm...I should probably just chill out and go with the flow, right?  Right.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, it sounds like the age difference is your main issue--and, in my view, the woman being a decade older balances things out because men die about that much youunger! Since he's mature for his age, you may not actually feel the age differece. So... have fun, and good luck! :-)

    ReplyDelete